Sunday, March 06, 2005

Podcast NYC: Pop Culture Rant #8

Product and brand marketing has found it's way into every aspect of our lives. Your host thinks that sucks and wants you to know how "secret" marketing tactics have made you more of a target than you think. Podcasters are even getting in on the marketing frenzy and that's not a good thing. Also, Paris Hilton gets hacked!

SHOW NOTES
  • Intro
  • Marketing Rant - It's Taking Over Our Lives!
    • Billboards
    • Movie Theaters
    • Sporting Events
    • Secret Marketing
    • Movie Product Placement
    • Celebrity Endorsements
    • DVDs
    • Magazines
    • The Internet
  • Marketing in Podcasting - Why it's not a good idea.
  • Paris Hilton Gets Hacked
  • Sign Off

2 comments:

glemak said...

why are you pushing everyone to your email - when in an earlier show you rant about it...

blogs and podcasts are meant to be interactive and open - comments and trackbacks work great for this...

that way everyone shares in and can contribute to the conversation...

enjoying your podcast - keep em coming ;)

---
mike dunn
http://weblog.glemak.com

PodcastNYC.net said...

I am BUSTED! I knew someone would call me on that rant.

Frankly, managing all my podcast email on my gmail account has worked out a lot better than managing via Outlook or my old Yahoo mail account.

I'm getting virtually no spam, the organization and search features work well. And (for now) space isn't an issue.

I hear you though and i'll take that into consideration in the near future.

The thing with comments is that I can't assume that all the people who listen to the 'casts are visiting the website since the various podcast clients have taken the browser out of the picture to a certain extent.

I've been considering tacking on a bbs to get more conversation happening.

Thanks for listening and providing welcome comments as I develop this new creative outlet.