Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Podcast NYC: Pop Culture Rant #21

It's Hollywood madness this week on the PCR. Paula Abdul, Tom Cruise, the RIAA, Marriott and David Mamet find their way into the crosshairs on the PCR. That's bad for most and good for some. Listen in to find out details. Also, the Deadwood update. Be forewarned, there are some bad words on this podcast, including the dreaded C word.

SHOW NOTES
  • Intro
  • Service Rant Follow Up
    • Me to my car service, "You're fired!"
    • Marriott surprises me
  • Hollywood Madness
    • Welcome to the PR Machine
    • Paula Abdul Gets A Boy Toy
    • Katie and Tom...A Sham
  • Lamaze Breathing Practice
  • Rage on the RIAA
  • Glengarry Glen Ross
    • Movie Adapted From David Mamet Play
    • Back on Broadway and I'll Be There
    • Have a David Mamet Film Festival
  • The Deadwood Update
    • The Boy's Dead Now
    • The Bank Is Opening
    • Only Two Episodes Left
  • Sign Off

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, listener in Germany here. Love your podcast. My husband has taken to saying "it sickens me" in a New York accent, thanks to you. That said, in your last podcast you referred to women as "bitch" "cunt" and "broad" and that sickens me. Howabout laying off that kind of offensive rhetoric? I really would like to continue listening to your George Castanzaesque ravings!

PodcastNYC.net said...

Thanks for listening. And I did use some bad words on this podcast. But I certainly wasn't referring to all women. My wife wouldn't have that! She has approved the words "broad" and "bitch" for me to use, but only under certain circumstances. She does not like it when I use the "C" word.

I'm working on that one. The person I referred to deserved it (at least I think so) because she ran a group of people over with her truck because she was refused admission to a nightclub. That sickens me. Hence the outburst.

Still, you have a point. So I promise to work on controlling my fits of rage when referring to certain "bad" people, especially the ladies.

Thank you for the comment. I'll do better next time :)