Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Podcast NYC: Pop Culture Rant #23

It's a full on dust up in this week's PCR. I get into it with the video blog site Rocketboom in a serious manner. TV finales are in full swing here in the U.S. and we provide the highlights of The Apprentice and Deadwood season endings. Also, a follow up on my problems with The Home Depot.

SHOW NOTES
  • Intro (0:00)
  • Program Notes (0:30)
    • The child arrives soon so expect a missed week in the near future.
    • This show may contain mature content.
    • Show Overview
  • At war with Rocketboom (3:00)
  • The Apprentice (33:05)
  • Deadwood Update (36:45)
  • Home Depot Woes Continued (41:30)
  • Sign Off (44:37)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rockeboom did a nice cast for Memorial Day. Regarding your cop bashing rant: It illustrates the difference between journalism and keeping a diary. Ethics? We don't need no stinkin' ethics. I think the whole racist thing is so tiresome.

PodcastNYC.net said...

I agree. I'm done with that. It's last weeks rant. I got my thoughts and feeings out on the situation and I hope that Rocketboom keeps doing what it's doing.

The ethics thing is a double edged sword. Some bloggers want credibility as journalists and then others really don't. They want to be hard hitting, controversial and make their own rules. I'm so PO'd at traditional journalists on all sides that I like to see bloggers get some respect as citizen journalists.

Unfortunately, it seems that the media industry can't separate the folks who are journalist type bloggers and the folks who are speaking their mind without journalistic rules. So they act as if all bloggers are raging fanatics.

I think there's a place for both types of bloggers. Unfortunately the current power structure in media wants to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Anonymous said...

Great show. First time was today. Keep it up and good luck with the kid.

PodcastNYC.net said...

Thanks dude. Just got back from the hospital. Having a child will give me sooo much more to rant about :)